Aquaculture Company for Sale in Belize City, Belize
|Employees||50 - 100|
|Legal Entity||Private Limited Company|
|Run Rate Sales||Nil|
|Local Time||7:54 AM America / Belize|
|Listed By||Advisor / Business Broker|
- Commercial fish rearing & trading and processing plant business in Belize.
- The farm is Israeli designed and is a green water system.
- Water source is mainly rain water supply and is supplemented by the nearby Sibun River tributary. The water is collected and stored in two large primary reservoirs which are situated 200 yards away from the river access.
- The farm is designed with 122 ponds, of which 90 is fully functional and the remaining ponds are 85% completed.
- Brood stock is from a reputed American Company and produces an average of 4.0 million larvae per month.
- The processing plant has the capacity to produce 12,000 pounds per day.
- There is no current vaccination program.
- Water from the farm is recirculated through two reservoirs as part of a recirculated green-lung water system. Waste water from the processing plant is passed through oxidation-sedimentation ponds before being released into the surrounding areas. Waste product from the fish process is buried in a landfill on site.
- Use of paddle-wheel aerators on the nursery and grow-out ponds. A blower is used to aerate the hatchery via diffusers.
- Harvest is done both manually and mechanically. In respects to mechanical harvesting, the use of pesculators and sorting machines are employed. To transfer fish to the processing plant or within the farm ponds the use of tractors and transfer tanks is employed.
- Water quality and DO levels are monitored daily. Ammonia, nitrate and nitrite levels are monitored on a weekly basis.
- In addition the processing plant is FDA registered and the company exports seafood to the United States. It also sells products in USA, Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, Belize.
- Company also produces other products such as conch, lobster, sea cucumber and fillet.
- There is a full export license for the export of lobster (any amount), conch (quota) and sea cucumber (quota). The farm the is country’s dominant exporter for lobster market - 1 million pounds, Conch - 900 thousand pounds and sea cucumber - 250 thousand pounds, to the United States.
- The Guatemalan market is also a large importer of whole fish (225-400 grams).
- In the domestic market, importation of Tilapia is restricted unless a license is obtained. The company is the only producer of fillet in commercial quantities, therefore the entire market is available.
- The farm has been certified as an export company and is exempted from the taxes related to the importation of all inputs for its operation including fuel.
- All the products are free of all contaminants such as anti-biotics, hormones.
- Other proprietary information related to financials can be provided as we proceed in the discussions and a NDA is executed.
Tilapia fish and fillet, conch, lobster, sea cucumber.
Farm and processing plant, ponds, 600 acres property and all equipment assets.
Owned land of 600 acres in Belize.
Earlier than 15 daysAdvisor, Dubai, Business Broker connected with the Business
Earlier than 15 daysDirector, Auto Parts Manufacturer, Gurgaon, Individual Investor / Buyer connected with the Business
Earlier than 15 daysManaging Director, Tallinn, Investment Bank connected with the Business