Battery and UPS Manufacturing Company Investment Opportunity in Kampala, Uganda

Firm engaged in the rejuvenation and restoration of dead lead acid batteries seeking growth capital.
This Business is on a Premium Plan
Established 5-10 year(s)
Employees 5 - 10
Legal Entity Private Limited Company
Reported Sales USD 26 thousand
Run Rate Sales USD 13 thousand
EBITDA Margin 20 %
Industries Battery and UPS Manufacturing
Locations  Kampala
Local Time 7:35 AM Uganda
Listed By Business Owner / Director
Status Active
Overall Rating
Seeking Investment
USD 80 thousand for 20.0% stake (Native Currency: UGX 296,000,000)
Reason: The funds will be used to purchase more equipment to improve and achieve operational capacity. Post ... View More
Includes physical assets worth USD 30 thousand
Interested to connect with advisors
Name, Phone, Email
Available after connect
Business Name
Available after connect
User Verification
Documents
Business Overview

- Engaged in the rejuvenation and restoration of dead or depleted lead-acid batteries.

- Also offer inverter battery maintenance and installation services.

- Our services help our clients double the life of their batteries by investing only 30% of the cost of a new battery towards restoration.

- We restore imported industrial batteries rated between 100AH to 3,000AH.

- Primarily cater to corporate and industrial clients in Uganda.

- 50% of our revenue comes from telecom companies, 20% of our revenue comes from banks, and 25% of our revenue comes from other corporate clients.

- The remaining 5% of our revenue comes from individual clients.

- We have restored 550+ batteries since 2018 and have the capacity to restore 40 batteries each month.

- 40% of our revenue comes from signed contracts and the remaining 60% comes from ad-hoc LPOs (Local Purchase Orders)

- Our clients include American Tower Corporation, MTN Uganda, banks like DFCU Bank, and media houses like New Vision.

- We have 7 full-time employees and 6 temporary staff to assist with operations.

- The promoter is a qualified telecom engineer and has a background in renewable energy.

- Due to the pandemic, our revenue has dropped by 50% but the business continues to have strong margins and operate profitably.

Products & Services Overview

Repair and reassembly of lead acid batteries including wet batteries, VRLA batteries and gel batteries. Inverter battery maintenance and installation services.

Assets Overview

Battery optimizers (model 4812 and 5048), Buspro 620 (autometer 6 station charger), Schumacher SE 4022 charger, Cen-tech Battery impedance meter, Ravel Grinder, Ryobi power tools, TVS Star HLX motorcycle, 1 truck, miscellaneous office equipment and furniture.

Facilities Overview

Rental office space cum workshop of approximately 2,000 square meters. The monthly lease rent is UGX 800,000.

Recent Activity
Disclaimer: SMERGERS is a regulated marketplace for connecting business sell sides with investors, buyers, lenders and advisors. Neither SMERGERS represents nor guarantees that the information mentioned above is complete or correct. Note that SMERGERS is not liable for any loss, damage, costs, claims and expenses whatsoever arising from transacting with any other user from the website. The final responsibility of conducting a thorough due diligence and taking the transaction forward lies with the users. Please read best practices on SMERGERS.
Contact Business
Disclaimer: SMERGERS is a regulated marketplace for connecting business sell sides with investors, buyers, lenders and advisors. Neither SMERGERS represents nor guarantees that the information mentioned above is complete or correct.
You might also be interested in these businesses

    Frequently
    Asked
    Questions

    • Why can’t I see the business’ name or contact number? How do I contact the business?
    • What level of due diligence does SMERGERS conduct on the businesses/member?
    • How active are the business profiles listed on SMERGERS?
    • How does SMERGERS rate business profiles?
    • Do I need to pay to connect with a business?
    • Show more