Biodiesel Company Investment Opportunity in Surat, India
|Employees||10 - 50|
|Legal Entity||Private Limited Company|
|Reported Sales||USD 1.8 million|
|Run Rate Sales||USD 5 million|
|EBITDA Margin||5 %|
|Local Time||4:02 AM Asia / Kolkata|
|Listed By||Business Owner / Director|
- Manufacturer of bio-diesel and glycerin. 80 percent of the revenue is derived from bio-diesel with the remaining coming from glycerin.
- Glycerin is a by product of the reaction and demand for it fluctuates rapidly. Price of 1 litre of bio-diesel is approximately INR 50 and 1 kg of glycerin is INR 20.
- Factory has a daily production capacity of 100 kl (1 lakh litres) of bio-diesel hence the monthly production capacity is 3,000 kl. In the beginning, the business expected demand of at least 1,000 kl of bio-diesel. Due to stricter government regulations regarding imports of palm oil from Malaysia in the third quarter of the previous year, production decreased significantly. The business had to switch over to tallow as a raw material. However, the onset of COVID-19 pandemic in China during the last quarter of the previous year led to a reduction in the meat imported into India from China leading to another production crisis. However, the situation is expected to improve this year. The company has identified an alternate supplier for its raw materials. Last month, they sold between 400 - 500 kl of bio-diesel due to a surge in demand of bio-diesel from the cement industry. However, this month sales are expected to be low. But monthly sales are expected to rise significantly once the lock-down is lifted and regular transportation resumes considering how lucrative this sector is. Most of the orders came from cement companies such as Ambuja Cements and Shree Cements. Have served over 30 - 35 clients so far.
- Have 7 storage tanks - 100 kl each, 1 boiler - 2 metric ton, 3 reactors – 14 kl each, 2 big round tanks for methanol storage – 30 kl and 40 kl, 6 Intermediate Settling Tank - 18 to 20 kl each, and 5-6 small machinery for further refining.
- Have taken a term loan of INR 1.5 cr with an annual interest rate of 10%. However, the company has applied for a concession on the interest rate with the Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation (GIDC). Once approved, the newly subsidized interest rate will be set at 3%. The loan was sanctioned last year and it needs to repaid within 7 years. Business has repaid over INR 7 - 8 lakh so far.
- Have an authorized dealer in Rajasthan. Otherwise, business directly sells its products across the country depending on the orders.
- Have applied for a tender with PSUs such as Indian Oil Corporation (IOCL), Bharat Petroleum (BPCL) and Hindustan Petroleum (HPCL) for monthly production of 500 kl.
- Business has 19 employees including 4 promoters.
- Each promoter has experience of between 15 - 30 years in different industries such as textile and fabrication. One of the promoters is a chartered accountant.
Manufacturer of bio-diesel and glycerin as by-products.
2,000 square meter premises on rent. Has two floors. Premises is owned by one of the promoters. According to the rental agreement, business is supposed to pay INR 12,000 to the promoter on a monthly basis. But the promoters have reached a mutual understanding to pay INR 60,000 to the promoter. Duration of the agreement is 32 years.
Earlier than 15 daysOwner, Oil Products, Kota, Individual Investor / Buyer connected with this business
Earlier than 15 daysPartner, Import Export - Textiles, Surat, Individual Investor / Buyer connected with this business
Earlier than 15 daysBusiness Consultant, Technology & Capital Solutions, Hyderabad, Corporate Investor / Buyer connected with this business