Edutech Company Investment Opportunity in Goa, India
|Employees||5 - 10|
|Legal Entity||Private Limited Company|
|Run Rate Sales||Nil|
|Local Time||11:56 PM Asia / Kolkata|
|Listed By||Management Member|
- Startup Edu-tech company connecting teachers to students for academic and extracurricular lesson driven learning.
- The operations are carried out as a separate vertical held under a 2-year-old private limited IT services and energy solutions company with an annual turnover of INR 2.5 crores.
- We connect freelance teachers who offer real-time personalized lessons to students under the age of 18.
- The course curriculum is designed by the teachers themselves and the prices are set by them.
- We connect them to students across India through our social marketing efforts and offer them a video conferencing infrastructure to conduct the classes.
- We intend to particularly focus on users from Tier-2 and Tier-2 cities and towns.
- Charge 20% of the course fee from the teachers as an infrastructure fee.
- The batch size is limited to 5 for students below the age of 12 and 10 to students below the age of 18.
- At present, we offer classes through Facebook and Zoom video conferencing for free in order to assess demand and the feasibility of our business model.
- Have conducted over 80 - 100 sessions so far and catered to 320 - 400 students.
- Also intend to partner with schools in Tier-2 and Tier-3 cities to offer extracurricular courses to their students and over 23 schools have shown serious interest in pursuing a partnership.
- Have already built a functional website but the integration of the video conferencing and payment infrastructure is still pending.
- We currently have 2 full-time employees and 10 interns working remotely out of Bangalore.
- Post investment the operations of this vertical will be spun off under a newly incorporated legal entity & the investor will effectively acquire a stake in the new legal entity.
- All IP assets will be transferred to this new entity.
- Intend to register the business in Goa as the company will be eligible for a tax redemption for 3 consecutive years from the Government of India under the Startup India scheme.
- The operating costs incurred by setting up operations at Goa is expected to be 1 / 3rd of the cost of running operations from Delhi or Bangalore.
- The promoter team is highly experienced and one of the promoters has served in the Indian Army.
- The other promoters have experience working in senior management roles in several multinational companies and have successfully run and sold a startup before.
Academic and extracurricular based learning which includes classes such as soft skills, table manners, foreign languages, regional languages, English, acting, theatre, music, and art.
The parent company operates from Delhi & Bangalore. They connect freelance teachers who work from their repective locations.
Earlier than 15 daysChief Engineer, Shipping, Goa, Individual Investor / Buyer connected with the Business