Insurance Agency Investment Opportunity in Delhi, India
|Employees||5 - 10|
|Legal Entity||Private Limited Company|
|Reported Sales||USD 66 thousand|
|Run Rate Sales||USD 140 thousand|
|EBITDA Margin||25 %|
|Local Time||7:12 PM Asia / Kolkata|
|Listed By||Business Owner / Director|
- We are an insurance distribution startup based in Delhi with the goal of empowering Bharat to protect better, invest better, and borrow better.
- At the moment, we are operating in the B2B2C space in insurance (motor insurance) with a particular focus on underserved agents writing up to INR 10 lakhs of premium a month in B30 towns in India. This is a segment of the industry that is underserved by other brokers and they have the potential to write up to INR 30 lakhs of premium a month. Two reasons why they end up losing business are the high turnaround times for getting quotations and payment links. While providing the necessary service, we are simultaneously developing our partner's app so that these two issues are solved and their volumes can increase. Another issue that we are addressing is agents' cash flow. They typically have to wait for 60-90 days for payouts from others while we are releasing payouts on a T+1 basis.
- We are seeking a strategic investor who believes in the potential of Bharat. We believe that tech alone will not solve the problem of low levels of financial inclusion in semi urban and rural India. A phygital approach, combining feet on the ground and tech, is the solution to the problem. With penetration of General Insurance at less than 1% in India, there is huge scope for expansion and growth especially in the areas where we are operating. We are seeking an investor who shares our vision. The investment raised will be majorly used to expand our team size that will in turn lead to increase in revenue.
- The investment will enable us to become a strong regional player that can be acquired by one of the bigger brokers in a few years time, thus providing an exit opportunity to the investor.
- Since the start of our operations last year, we have written INR 3.5 crore in insurance premium, sold close to 6,000 policies, and have an active base of close to 700 partner agents spread across North & East India.
- We are writing on average INR 1.5 lakhs of premium daily.
- Generated INR 10 lakhs in revenue (commissions).
- Launched partner’s app on Google Play Store.
- Have a team size of 8 across sales, ops, tech, and finance.
- The founder has 20+ years of experience in financial services.
- We plan to introduce micro insurance, credit, and investment solutions as and when our partners are trained to cross-sell and up-sell.
- Company has no liabilities.
- Company has 2 directors with 99% and 1% share distribution.
Distribution of life & general insurance through the B2B2C channel.
Laptops are the main tangible assets. Partner's app is an intangible asset.
Operating from a coworking space in South Delhi and have a regional presence in East Uttar Pradesh.
We have been bootstrapped since inception. Recently, we have been backed by Loyal VC, a venture capital fund based in Canada.
Earlier than 15 daysChief Business Officer, Business Consultancy, Delhi, Corporate Investor / Buyer connected with the Business
Earlier than 15 daysPartner, Investment, Mumbai, Corporate Investor / Buyer connected with the Business
Earlier than 15 daysCTO, Accounting & Taxation, Be'er Sheva, Corporate Investor / Buyer connected with the Business