Winery Investment Opportunity in Sabrosa, Portugal
|Employees||2 - 5|
|Legal Entity||Limited Liability Company (LLC)|
|Reported Sales||USD 54 thousand|
|Run Rate Sales||USD 55 thousand|
|EBITDA Margin||20 - 30 %|
|Industries||Wineries + 1 more|
|Local Time||10:30 PM Europe / Lisbon|
|Listed By||Management Member|
- Company presently operates in the viticulture segment and cultivates grapes and sells it to a major Portuguese wine exporter (Sogrape).
- We also provide consultancy services in the area of agriculture, engineering, and taxes, though it is residual.
- Have 2 permanent employees and 10 sub-contractors for the cultivation of grapes and have a yearly production capacity of 15,000 Kg to 20,000 Kg.
- Olive oil is done usually every year, but without a commercial end, yet.
- The vines explored by the company are all in the Douro Valley Region, in high-quality zones.
- Currently, the revenue is only generated through the export of grapes and consultancy services.
- We plan to expand and diversify into the wine production, agriculture, and tourism industry. Towards this expansion, the company has managed to obtain multiple lands and is in the process of leasing additional Quintas for agricultural and tourism purposes (detailed information provided in the facilities description).
- Company seeks an investment of EUR 7.2 million which will be utilized to purchase lands to make a plantation of pistachios and almonds, setup a winery to process up to 30,000 kg of grapes, and purchase or lease buildings and renovate them for tourism purposes: 35 to 40 rooms (hotel), 14 to 16 units (Quinta), 4 to 6 units (school); 2 to 4 units (rustic house).
- Post expansion, we will have multiple sources of revenue through the export of almond and pistachios, production and distribution of our own brand of wine locally and internationally, and hotel & tour bookings.
- Company is based on traditional values, pursuing a long time business from family, and is currently only dedicated to viticulture. The family of one of the promoters has been a winemaker and grape grower for more than 200 years.
- As it is a traditional business, long-term relationships between seller and buyer, as with other viticulturists, are natural and prove to be an advantage when compared with the difficulties experienced by newcomers.
- One of the promoters is an engineer with a post-graduation in finance and taxes and in viticulture and oenology and several other short agriculture courses, in the area of almonds and pistachios. The other promoter has strong family ties to the region, post-graduated in finance and taxes, and has several short courses in agriculture. The promoters are married.
- Promoter: Engineering in the last 15 years; consultant in Angola; stakeholder and member of the board in Portugal and Mozambique; projects in Portugal, Cabo Verde, São Tomé e Principe, Angola and Mozambique; particularly, financial institutions, public institutions, and central banks; Several projects and worksite control of several million euros projects – from as low as EUR 170 thousand to as high as EUR 100 million; more than 10 years of experience in viticulture.
- Promoter – Lawyer, particularly working in labor law and taxes, 15 years; stakeholder of two companies in Portugal; large experience in management;
- Grapes – 15,000 kg to 20,000 kg (This year we have begun exploring more than 4 to 5 hectares of vineyards which will have total production of 30,000-40,000 kg of grapes). Have major Portuguese multinational as the buyer for the produce.
- Our growth plan after the investment (all unit figures are yearly capacity):
1. Grapes - 50,000 Kg to 70,000 kg.
Almonds (cruise year) - 60,000 kg to 80,000 kg (first plantation of 40 ha); after the second plantation of 40 ha, the quantity doubles to 120,000 kg to 160,000 kg; after the third plantation of 40 ha, 240,000 kg to 320,000 kg.
2. Pistachios (cruise year) - first 60 ha, 90,000 kg to 120,000 kg; after the second plantation 40 ha, 150,000 kg to 180,000 kg; after the third plantation of 60 ha, 240,000 kg to 300,000 kg.
3. Wine - 15,000 to 22,000 liters.
4. Tourism - 35 to 40 rooms (hotel), 14 to 16 units (Quinta), 4 to 6 units (school); 2 to 4 units (rustic house)
- There is a large deficit in the market of pistachios and due to drought in the US (California), there are large breaks in the production of pistachios and almonds.
- Great tourism potential, beautiful and peaceful scenarios, filled with vineyards and nature.
All the assets are (or will be) leased except for agriculture tools (prune scissors, chainsaws, trimmers, etc. ) and an Isuzu pickup (2016) (fair value is EUR 35,000). The estimated lease gain is EUR 108,340 per year. There are also the rights to the EU subsidies that are proportional to the land explored and the contract with Sogrape. Also, there is an approved EU fund.
Buildings and Land:
• Quinta (da Ponte) da Ribeira – 2,4 hectares of vineyards, 7,5 hectares of land with cork oaks, and a 200 square meter house (only walls) (9,5 to 10 hectares, total) (owned by us)
• Several terrains in Celeirós do Douro (Sabrosa) – accounting for 2,2 hectares of vineyards and more than 50 olive trees (owned by us)
• Several terrains in Sanfins do Douro (Alijó) – accounting for 1,5 hectares of vineyards and more than 50 olive trees (family owned)
• Quinta Sabrosa – 5 hectares of vineyards, warehouse, wine lagar, and olive oil lagar, olive trees, plus some more dispersed area of 6 hectares (11 to 12 hectares, total) (owned by us)
• Terrain next to Quinta – accounting for 6,6 hectares of vineyards and 4 hectares of land (11 to 12 hectares, total) (final stage of negotiation, future ownership by us)
• Rustic Old Village House – 200 square meter, two-floor house (100 square meters per floor) (owned by us)
• Elementary School – 250 to 300 square meters, two-floor, with patio (city hall/public building leased for 30 years.
All the financial needs are covered by us and the capital of investment is not needed for any of the investments referred to at this point.
1. The company until the present year explored 5.5 hectares of vineyards and about 10 hectares of land. Almost all of the land is owned by us (about 4 hectares of vineyards and 7 hectares of land), the rest (1.5 hectares of vineyards) is family-owned.
2. Recently, at the end of last year, the company managed to obtain the right to explore, for 30 years, for tourism purposes, the elementary school of Celeirós does Douro (250 to 300 square meter). The contract has been signed with the city hall President and we have already paid a deposit and the concession is in public knowledge.
3. In addition, there is a 200 square meter house, also in Celeirós do the Douro, owned by our family, that will be leased to the company, that could be used for tourism.
4. We have acquired in a “Quinta” with more than 5 hectares of vineyards, 7 hectares of land, and several buildings. Of which, a blazoned old manor house that has a built-up area of 1,500-1,800 square meters with a roofed area of 895 square meters, 3 floors with 1 attic. The entire property needs to be refurbished (rehabilitated) before it can be used. The buildings are ruined or partially ruined, but the stone wall structure is in good condition and other valuable details can (and should be) reused. There is an external area (unroofed) of 732 square meters surrounding the building. In the “Quinta” there is also a 500 square meters old and beautiful warehouse, a Wine lagar and olive oil later.
5. There is also advanced negotiation to buy more than 6.6 hectares of vineyards and 5 to 6 hectares of land that are next to the Quinta that we have bought. Though the negotiation is advanced and we have a preference right over the lands and the deal is not closed at the moment.
Most of the assets at the present moment are owned by us or the family, and the lease of the assets:
• Quinta (Ponte da Ribeira) – house and vineyards– 0 euros.
• Quinta (Sabrosa) – 2300 square meter built-up area – it will be 0 euros.
• Quinta (Sabrosa) – Vineyards – it will be 0 euros (deed already done)
• Land (cork oak, olive trees, pines, and bushes – 15 to 17 hectares) – 0 euros.
• Vineyards Celeiros do Douro – 0 euros.
• Vineyards Sanfins do Douro – 0 Euros.
• Rustic Old Village House – 200 square meters – 0 euros.
• Vineyard (Sabrosa next to the Quinta) – it will be 0 euros (acquisition under final negotiation)
• Elementary public school (city hall ownership) – 129.15 EUR/month.
All the assets described above are or will be leased to the company, the vineyards are leased for free and the buildings (school) are leased for 105 EUR/month + VAT, 1,200 EUR/year + VAT. The fair value of all the leases would be more than 9028.33 EUR/month, which gives an estimated gain of 108,340 EUR /year to the company. The lease has a duration of 30 years.
1 week, 3 days agoFounder, Bangalore, Financial Consultant connected with the Business
Earlier than 15 daysExecutive Director, New Delhi, Financial Consultant connected with the BusinessEarlier than 15 daysBusiness sent a proposal to the Investor / Buyer
Earlier than 15 daysFounder And Managing Partner, Lisbon, Financial Consultant connected with the BusinessEarlier than 15 daysBusiness sent a proposal to the Investor / Buyer