Interests: We seek to acquire profitable middle-market companies in the USA & Canada. The investment types include middle-market leveraged buyouts, management-led build-ups and consolidations and minority recapitalizations / growth capital. Company characteristics include strong management team in place, history of growth and profitability, strong underlying fundamentals; low capital intensity, revenues of $20 million and up and EBITDA of $4 million and up.
Background: The private equity group is 34 years old and invests in established, profitable middle-market companies in the USA & Canada. They have completed over 2005 transactions with over $5 billion in value. The PEG's team has extensive operating and financial experience and a history of successfully partnering with owners and management teams to drive growth and create value.
The sectors of interest include Specialty Manufacturing / Industrial Manufacturing, Consumer Products & Services, Business Services and Value-Added Distribution.
Also, special interest is in acquisition targets that fit these descriptions:
- Health care services ( even better if there is an IT focus; stay away from reimbursement )
- In-home health care / residential aged care ( again, looking for private pay )
- Recurring service revenue businesses ( pest control, janitorial, etc )
- SAS businesses with strong recurring revenue characteristics.
- Linen services companies.
- Niche food companies, especially if they have a healthy angle.
- Data analytics businesses.
- Specialty / local transportation companies that bring value-added services ( time, etc )
- All niche manufacturing businesses with EBITDA margins north of 15%
- Automotive aftermarket businesses with a DTC or specialty retail focus.
- Water filtration companies that service government, businesses, or households and have a recurring revenue model.
- Retailers with strong four-wall economics.
- Staffing companies with margins greater than 10%
- Wastewater treatment to municipalities, Municipal Utility Districts and corporations.
Illinois + 3 more
Healthcare + 11 more