Oman-based trading firm that exports agricultural and meat products to GCC clients.
- Trading firm involved in the export and import of FMCG and staple products like meat and rice.
- Want to focus on building Muscat as an FMCG hub for all GCC markets.
- Our clients are mainly from Qatar, Bahrain, and Kuwait.
- Clients are other trading companies and firms.
- Domestic clientele consists of caterers who buy in bulk.
- We primarily trade in rice and meat.
- We source red meat from manufacturers based in India (Hyderabad), Brazil, and Oman.
- The business sources white meat from manufacturers in Oman and Argentina.
- We export fish to Brazil and Tanzania.
- Have been operational for 4 months.
Plan to start an energy self-sufficient vertical indoor farming company that sells products nationwide.
- We are in the process of formation of a company which will produce agricultural products through indoor vertical farming.
- The plant production will be fully automatic using renewable energy. We will cover our energy needs through the use of solar panels, wind energy, and the use of biomass.
- We would develop this farm on a 2 acre plot with a built up area of 1.5 ha.
- Possible agricultural products which can be grown include leafy greens, cruciferous plants and herbs.
- With the help of the latest technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), sustainable water treatment, sensors, robot technology, LED, and big data, we intend to achieve high quality and environmentally friendly harvest.
- Our idea is a solution in the field of sustainable and local food supply which is climate-independent, pesticide-free, energy-efficient, has lower water consumption with year-round production.
- We intend to sell the produce to nationwide wholesalers (B2B) and project to generate sales of around EUR 11.5 million in within the next 2 years.
- Our projected output on an annual basis is expected to be 850 tons of herbs and salads.
- We have already spoken with potential customers who will be purchasing our products.
Company plans to produce chicken meat in a sustainable eco-friendly manner to meet global demand.
- Our company was registered and based in Victoria, Australia.
- We aim to provide solutions in the agriculture, real estate and freight & logistics industries.
- Our first line of operation will be to produce chicken meat in a sustainable manner.
- We will buy existing farms and improve their operations.
- Have identified a 20 acre farm land worth AUD 3.2 million along with equipment.
- The land has 2 large poultry sheds and can house 74,200 birds.
- The farm also has an ongoing 5 year contract with a reputed poultry processing company.
- Picture on the profile is from the farm we plan to purchase.
- Investment would give an investor a stake in this operation alone and possibility of access to other HIH business ideas and operations.
Sourcing agent for agro-products, spices, energy and property in Indonesia.
- Sourcing agent with business relations across Indonesia and a large supply network.
- Own acres of agricultural lands and few buildings/properties /warehouses in Jawa (Jakarta, Surabaya), Bali and Sumba island.
- Seek to expand our export division and bringing foreign Investors.
- Indonesia is a country that is rich in resources and has buyers from all over the world for its products.
- Have a web domain for our company and the website is under construction.
- Promoter has over 20 years of experience in sourcing and supply.
Recently established fast-growing fish breeding business is seeking an investor to expand its operations.
- Aquaculture business that breeds various fishes and was established during the pandemic.
- We have 19 indoor concrete ponds and 3 outdoor ponds.
- All of the freshwater for the ponds is sourced from the mountains to maintain the freshness of our fish.
- Breed fishes like Tilapia, and Sun Hock which is also known as Marble Goby.
- Have grown despite the movement control order in Malaysia.
- Good network and outreach in the community has aided our growth.
- Business is involved in charity work throughout the year.
Company engaged in the sale and supply of inputs for fisheries requires funds for expansion.
- Bihar based company that provides inputs and equipment to businesses and individuals involved in aquaculture.
- We acquire our products from a manufacturer in Odisha who is paid in advance.
- Sell directly to fisheries and through dealership agreements.
- Have 5 distributors across Bihar and Jharkhand.
- We have agreements with the distributors and they pay us in advance.
- Have a presence in West Bengal and Uttar Pradesh where our products are directly delivered to fisheries.
- The promoter was already running a business involved in aquaculture support and has now registered a private limited entity to expand their operations.
Business that sources fresh produce from farmers across India and sells to wholesalers/retail stores.
- We trade different kinds of fruits and vegetables pan India.
- Fruits and vegetables are purchased from over 200 different farmers across India (Kashmir, Punjab, Nagpur, Nasik, Karnataka)
- We sell the agricultural produce to wholesalers, traders and retail stores.
- At the moment, we only sell within Chennai and plans to expand to other states.
- Associated with over 100 wholesalers and more than 500 retail stores.
- We plan to develop a mobile app and sell directly to consumers.
- We eliminated intermediaries by taking control of the supply chain by using technology and analytics.
- Have built reliable, cost-effective, and high-speed logistics and infrastructure to solve inefficiencies in the supply chain.
- With our strategy, farmers get better prices and consistent demand, and on the other end, retailers receive fresh produce at competitive prices that are delivered to their doorstep.
Start-up company plans to redefine the supply chain by giving Malaysian consumers direct access to farms.
- Developing a supply chain with technology where consumers can buy fresh fruits and vegetables which are directly sourced from farmers.
- Our core revenue model is based on a recurring subscription of our super box, which contains 12 types of top-grade fruits and vegetables.
- Based on a conservative subscriber acquisition rate of 10 subscribers a day, at a month-to-month growth rate of 20%, with a retention rate of 85%, we will hit the MYR 100,000/month in recurring revenue in month 5 which gives us a run rate of at least MYR 1,200,000, excluding additional monetization.
- Have partnered with many farmers and the promoter's relative has a farm where they grow fruits and vegetables.
- Everything required to run the business is in place and we will launch our services next month.
- Will initially launch only in Malaysia and then expand to other regions.
Viticulture company seeks investment for expansion and diversification into wine production, agriculture, and tourism.
- Company presently operates in the viticulture segment and cultivates grapes and sells it to a major Portuguese wine exporter (Sogrape).
- We also provide consultancy services in the area of agriculture, engineering, and taxes, though it is residual.
- Have 2 permanent employees and 10 sub-contractors for the cultivation of grapes and have a yearly production capacity of 15,000 Kg to 20,000 Kg.
- Olive oil is done usually every year, but without a commercial end, yet.
- The vines explored by the company are all in the Douro Valley Region, in high-quality zones.
- Currently, the revenue is only generated through the export of grapes and consultancy services.
- We plan to expand and diversify into the wine production, agriculture, and tourism industry. Towards this expansion, the company has managed to obtain multiple lands and is in the process of leasing additional Quintas for agricultural and tourism purposes (detailed information provided in the facilities description).
- Company seeks an investment of EUR 7.2 million which will be utilized to purchase lands to make a plantation of pistachios and almonds, setup a winery to process up to 30,000 kg of grapes, and purchase or lease buildings and renovate them for tourism purposes: 35 to 40 rooms (hotel), 14 to 16 units (Quinta), 4 to 6 units (school); 2 to 4 units (rustic house).
- Post expansion, we will have multiple sources of revenue through the export of almond and pistachios, production and distribution of our own brand of wine locally and internationally, and hotel & tour bookings.
- Company is based on traditional values, pursuing a long time business from family, and is currently only dedicated to viticulture. The family of one of the promoters has been a winemaker and grape grower for more than 200 years.
- As it is a traditional business, long-term relationships between seller and buyer, as with other viticulturists, are natural and prove to be an advantage when compared with the difficulties experienced by newcomers.
- One of the promoters is an engineer with a post-graduation in finance and taxes and in viticulture and oenology and several other short agriculture courses, in the area of almonds and pistachios. The other promoter has strong family ties to the region, post-graduated in finance and taxes, and has several short courses in agriculture. The promoters are married.
- Promoter: Engineering in the last 15 years; consultant in Angola; stakeholder and member of the board in Portugal and Mozambique; projects in Portugal, Cabo Verde, São Tomé e Principe, Angola and Mozambique; particularly, financial institutions, public institutions, and central banks; Several projects and worksite control of several million euros projects – from as low as EUR 170 thousand to as high as EUR 100 million; more than 10 years of experience in viticulture.
- Promoter – Lawyer, particularly working in labor law and taxes, 15 years; stakeholder of two companies in Portugal; large experience in management;
Technology enabled company for agricultural produce with integrated logistics and storage support seeking seed capital.
- Pre-revenue B2B agritech startup seeking capital to commence operations.
- Intend to sell agricultural produce at wholesale quantities through a proprietary mobile application.
- Intend to sell the agricultural produce directly to B2B clients such as retail stores, supermarkets, pizzerias, hotels, etc.
- The produce will be sourced directly from farms we have partnered with.
- At present, we have partnered with a 650-acre farm near Kolar.
- Intend to hire a sales staff to help our less-tech savvy customers place orders directly with us.
- Customers will be able to acquire agricultural produce on a daily basis at a price that includes incidentals and acquisition price.
- We will source the agricultural produce at a lower cost and deliver the agricultural produce to the customer using our own vehicles.
- Our profit will be the difference between the price the customer pays and our cost to procure and deliver the agricultural produce.
- We do not intend to charge a subscription or registration fee.
- Intend to begin operations by offering 12 to 14 varieties of fresh vegetables initially and expand our product portfolio gradually.
- The minimum order basket will be set at 50 kilograms and we aim to supply 5 MT of vegetables on a daily basis.
- The mobile application for the Android platform has already been developed by a third-party developer and is expected to be launched for public use in the near future.
Agriculture startup that plans to grow fruits & vegetables organically and supply in the market.
- Company is an organic farming startup that plans to supply organically grown fruits & vegetables to hotels and restaurants.
- We have already taken 300 acres of land on a long term lease and it's spread across 3 different states which are Jharkhand (90 acres), Chhattisgarh (100 acres) and Odisha (110 acres). They are well connected with water bodies.
- At present, these lands are vacant and we will set-up farming facility & infrastructure after raising funds.
- We intend to grow 90+ fruits & vegetables and supply to hotels, restaurants, canteens and mess. We have already signed an MoU with 30+ potential clients.
- To source seeds, compost, sapling and other raw materials, we have tied-up with 5 nurseries and agricultural institutes.
- We also plan to set-up a solar unit at our facilities for auxiliary power consumption.
- Director of the company comes from a business family who is in the agriculture farming business for decades.
- We believe that to create a healthy world, we should take the path of an organic way of farming.
- We have also bought a domain for our company website and it's currently under development.
Natural & organic nuts and dried fruits trading business plans to set-up a processing plant.
- Three friends from the same university started this food trade business 2 years ago.
- We sell nuts and dried fruits to wholesale buyers across Europe.
- We purchase products directly from the farmers. Will start growing our own agricultural products soon and will set-up a processing plant.
- Have gained a very good network for food trading.
- We would like to produce our own products to have an advantage and control everything.
- On a monthly basis we export 2-3 containers of agricultural products. Recently we exported 3 containers of apricots.
- Malatya Dried Apricots are very famous around the world but the available choice is either sulphured or natural sun dried but both products are not organic. We would like to grow 100% organic product.
Organic farming business for spices seeks funds to start processing/packing spices for the EU and Japanese market.
- Family-owned organic farming business that cultivates spices, coconuts, fruits, and vegetables.
- Have our own land of about 50 acres and an established farmer network of 50 farmers with over 100 acres of land.
- We grow all crops naturally by integrating with the planetary system without manipulating or inducement of artificial chemicals or modification.
- Products are sold and supplied under our own brand.
- We currently work on a small scale and supply our products to 5 local retailers and also have a small retail shop for direct sales to about 250+ regular customers.
- We also tested our processes and foreign markets by exporting in small quantities to companies in Switzerland.
- Have plans to expand the business by setting up a processing plant and go for commercial-scale operation with exports to the EU and Japanese Market.
- With the processing plant operational, we estimate a total production capacity of 250,000 tons for spices and 2,000 tons of coconut per season (6 months).
- Processing plant is expected to be completed in 4-6 months after which we can immediately scale up the operations.
Newly-established fishery with a pond area of 1 hectare and monthly harvest of 500 kg/monthly.
- Newly established fishery for Whiteleg shrimp with a usable pond area of 1 hectare. We have an additional 2 hectare of pond that could be utilized if sufficient capital investment is available.
- Have a monthly harvest of 500 kg. All the product is sold at the local market. There are 5 people working at the fishery.
- Some benefits of cultivating Whiteleg shrimp include: lower cultivation costs in comparison to tiger prawns, high adaptability to low-temperature and saline environment, a high survival rate (SR), and it can be stocked at a high density hence occupying lesser space.
- Indonesia is one of the largest shrimp producing countries in the world, after Thailand and India. There are many consumers of Whiteleg shrimp, ranging from restaurants, hotels, culinary businesses, to households. The cultivation time is short, about three months for one cycle. The price of Whiteleg shrimp is currently quite stable, specially if it reaches a size (number of shrimp per kg) below 60.
Online marketplace for agricultural produce with integrated logistics and storage support seeking seed capital.
- Pre-revenue startup seeking capital to launch commercial operations of an online B2B marketplace for agricultural produce.
- Our marketplace portal will allow farmers, FPOs, and agricultural produce traders and aggregators to list and sell their produce.
- Will also offer logistics and cold storage support for which we have partnered with 3rd party service providers.
- Will generate revenue through commissions and portal membership fees.
- Intend to charge 2% of the order value separately from both buyer and seller as a commission.
- Also intend to charge 5% of the freight value as commission from the service provider.
- In addition to this, the portal would also charge a one-time membership fee to all its users.
- The membership fees will range from INR 100 to INR 50,000 based on the type of user.
- The platform has already been built by a 3rd party IT firm and is ready to deploy.
- The platform will support 12 Indian languages.
- The promoter has already reached out to farmers across 600+ rural districts, the state governments of Punjab and Himachal Pradesh, and several FPOs.
- Promoter has over 10 years of experience and has previously founded a successful cold storage warehouse and transportation services company.
E-commerce platform that sells fruits, vegetables, staples; plans to set up hydroponics and bio-fertilizers manufacturing.
- We do contract farming with organic farmers to grow vegetables and fruits.
- Have 7 farmers and 2 FPOs (Farmer Produce Organizations) in Karnataka and Tamil Nadu from whom we source the produce from.
- Unique approach to preserve vegetables freshness.
- Subscription model to retain customers for longer period.
- Our subscription models include monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, and yearly packages.
- Currently have 20 subscribed users.
- We also accept one-time orders from customers.
- Business is only operational in Bangalore as of now, but we plan to expand to the other South Indian states in the near future.
- Currently have 1 vehicle that is used for delivery of produce.
- We have an E-commerce website and mobile app through which customers can place orders.
- We plan to set up hydroponics to have our presence in B2B space as well. This expansion is expected to be completed by end of 2021.
- Future plan is to set up a bio-fertilizer manufacturing unit.
Company plans to produce and sell mushrooms in North America and Middle East.
- We plan to start production and sale of mushrooms which is a scalable and asset backed business.
- The demand for mushrooms worldwide is expected to double over the next 10 years and we plan to target the North America and Middle East markets.
- Our company is registered in Canada but we are yet to set up our facility there. Promoters are presently based in Lebanon.
- One of the promoters has an agriculture product export business which will provide the warehouses and land worth CAD 5 million to set up our production facility in Lebanon.
- We also plan to have a production facility in Quebec and have partnered with a Dutch company who will be procuring all the equipment we require and training us for 6 months.
- Both these facility are planned to have a production capacity of 5 million pounds of mushroom per year each.
- Initially we plan to only produce and sell White Button mushrooms (Agaricus Bisporus)
- Once we have set up our facilities we would aim to sign contracts with importers and wholesalers for our products.
- Expected monthly revenue is around CAD 1.6 million.
- Promoter has worked in various finance and business fields for 5 years.
Wholesalers of betel nuts selling 30-40 tons/monthly seeks investment to launch a processing unit.
- We are wholesalers of betel nuts based out of Maharashtra.
- We buy betel nuts from 10-12 vendors and 20-25 farmers in Kerala.
- We are both B2C and B2B. We have 5-10 end customers and 60 business clients.
- Have a yearly turnover of INR 12 crore. Through different accounting methods, we show a turnover of around INR 6 crore.
- On a monthly basis, we fulfil over 300+ customer orders. That is roughly equivalent to 30-40 tons of betel nuts.
- Seek a 50/50 business partner to establish a processing plant for betel nuts. We have already acquired the property. Post-funding, we can start construction immediately. It will take at least 3-5 months to start production.
- Rely on word-of-mouth promotion and direct marketing to generate sales.
How many agriculture business investment opportunities are listed on SMERGERS?
There are 179 active and verified agriculture business investment opportunities listed on SMERGERS as of 21 April 2021.
What level of due diligence does SMERGERS conduct on the businesses/member?
SMERGERS scrutinizes all profiles and only features a select group of businesses, investors, advisors that meet a basic requirement. When required, certain members may have submitted some form of proof …read more
How active are the business profiles listed on SMERGERS?
We regularly filter out businesses which are inactive or have already closed a transaction. Typically, if the business is actively looking to sell/raise capital, the status is shown in …read more
How can I be sure about privacy and confidentiality?
Should you buy an existing business or start a business from scratch?
Buying an existing business is generally an easier way to start a business with an immediate head start. It saves valuable time and administrative efforts, considering starting from scratch is …read more
How successful has SMERGERS been in helping its users successfully close a deal?
SMERGERS is a discovery and matchmaking platform with global reach. It helps in connecting Businesses, Investors, Acquirers, Lenders, M&A Advisors and Boutique Investment Banks across locations, indsutries and transactions.