Start-up retailing packaged traditional Indian health foods is seeking an investor to raise seed funding.
- Bengaluru based start-up in the packaged food space retailing traditional Indian health foods under their own brand name.
- The company has only 2 employees, operates on a lean model, and has outsourced most of the business functions.
- Raw materials are sourced regionally.
- Have outsourced packaging and manufacturing functions to two units on a contractual basis.
- Although we have a contract, we pay our manufacturers only after successful delivery of an order.
- Our first product was launched early last year and received great reviews and feedback from customers and sales channels.
- B2B clients include Jungle Lodges & Resorts, KSTDC, Intuit, Indiqube, WorkSpace, Path Partner Technologies, Silicon Valley Bank, Volvo, Theorem, and Thought Focus.
- Have distributors across Karnataka and as of this year our products are available across 400+ retail outlets in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh Telangana.
- Brand has a strong presence on Amazon and other major online portals like Flipkart, Bigbasket, and Qtrove.
- Due to the pandemic we had to shift our focus on B2C sales as well.
- We are looking to raise seed funding for the next leg of growth, which is to achieve a revenue run rate of INR 3 crore in the next 12 months.
- These funds will be used for increasing the product range, growth on online channels, marketing, and building a small team.
- Our vision is to develop and market traditional Indian food and beverages for the health-conscious consumer of today.
- The promoters have work experience of over 8 years and have been developing the brand for the last 3 years.
Food ingredient manufacturer processing over 1.5MT of food ingredients/day seeking growth capital.
- Process, brand and sell food ingredients.
- Have over 150 SKUs with our product portfolio including spices, cornflour, dry fruits, and baking ingredients.
- Process 1.5 - 2 MT of food ingredients each day.
- Sell products under 4 trademarked proprietary brands.
- Network of 35 distributors across West Bengal and Jharkhand.
- In addition to sales through our distributor network, we also sell directly to several B2B clients and to Cloudtail who handles a majority of our online sales (<10% of total revenue)
- Source raw materials from 15 - 20 suppliers.
- Most production is done in-house but around 10 - 15% is outsourced to a 3rd party food processing firm in West Bengal.
- Strong gross margins of 45 - 50%
- Have recently started advertising through television and print media advertisements which has lead to strong lead conversions from 15% to 80%
- This is reflected in more distributors willing to carry our brand and we are now signing up around 10 new distributors every month.
- We are in the process of signing up distributors across Odisha, Assam, and Bihar.
- The business is registered in Delhi as a promoter owned property in Delhi was used as the registered address during the incorporation process.
- However, the business has all of its operations run from Kolkata, West Bengal.
Flour and wheat mill processing 210 MT per day serving is seeking an equity investment.
- Flour mill processing 150 MT of wheat per day.
- Chakki mill processing 60 MT of wheat per day.
- Products include refined wheat flour (maida), wheat atta, wheat sooji, and wheat bran.
- Source raw materials from 100 suppliers from Maharashtra, Bihar, and Madhya Pradesh.
- Supply to 10+ large corporate clients and 300 wholesale distributors.
- Corporate clients include ITC and major sea food processing units.
- Factory is equipped with state-of-the-art machinery from Switzerland.
- Currently, the products are not sold under a brand but we intend to start our own brand which will eventually lead to margin expansion.
- Promoters have 20+ years of experience in the industry.
Food processing company that manufactures its products using natural Himalayan raw materials.
- Uttarakhand based company that manufactures and sells organic food products under its own brand name.
- Have unique food products like organic ghee, red rice, black rajma, pahadi papad.
- The products are manufactured by the women of our village using raw materials sourced from our village.
- Company has all the necessary licenses to carry out food manufacturing.
- Started selling our products this year and have served more than 500 customers.
- Minimum order value is high as we deliver on customers' requests.
- Have recently set up our own retail store to increase brand visibility.
- Strong distribution network in Uttarakhand, plan to expand to a pan India distribution network.
- We generate leads through Facebook and Google.
- Have hired a development team that is working on our e-commerce website.
- Promoter experience of 4 years in sales and business.
Firm engaged in producing commercial crops seeking funds to revamp their business.
- Kerala-based ISO certified firm engaged in organically producing and selling agricultural products under own brand name.
- The business has been non-operational for the last two years because of personal reasons.
- We have been doing this business for the last 78 years but got ourselves registered as a Pvt ltd company only recently.
- We plan to revamp the business and cater to international markets.
- We have a 7-acre farm with an output potential of 15-16 quintal of produce.
- We have developed the website in-house for online sales.
- We have also listed our products on various online marketplaces like Amazon, JioMart, Flipkart, etc.
- Plan to promote the brand through digital marketing and offline campaign like name suggestions etc.
- We are planning to cater to international markets through our website and other online marketplaces.
- We will be producing 70% of the products ourselves, the rest will be acquired through local markets.
- We have ties with a supplier who will provide us with the seeds and fertilizers.
- Currently, the business does not have any sales, we expect to make revenue in a few months.
Supplier of ice cream and baking raw materials to over 150 regular clients across Telangana.
- Business was established 3 years ago in Hyderabad.
- We have more than 150 regular customers across all the main cities of Telangana.
- Our customers are wholesalers, bakeries, ice cream manufacturers and retail stores.
- We deal with more than 70 different types of products at the moment.
- Our motive is to expand our brand with complete range of raw materials in the coming years.
- This market is expanding with new products twice a year.
- We purchase these products directly from the manufacturers and we also manufacture some of the products in-house.
- Revenue has dropped due to less demand for our products as a result of the pandemic.
Company specializing in cannabis (hemp) based wellness, lifestyle and pet care products seeks investment.
- Melbourne based company with different trademarked brands for wellness, lifestyle and pet care products.
- Company has 16 pet care products, 20 consumer products such as beverages, eatables and more products are in the pipeline.
- All our products are made out of cannabis (hemp).
- We source all the raw materials and ingredients ourselves but the manufacturing is done by a contract manufacturer.
- Have an in-house R&D centre with product formulation experts.
- This is a globally recognised brand with significant experience across FMCG, petcare and cannabis.
- Products are sold directly to consumers via E-commerce store, retail stores, restaurants, supermarkets, wholesalers.
- Business has over 20,000 E-commerce customers for pet & wellness products and has very strong E-commerce conversion rates.
- 70% of our pet care revenue is from E-commerce sales.
- Items are available at Dan Murphy’s, Australia’s leading premium liquor retailer.
- First cannabis spirit to win global recognition (silver) at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition.
Food processing company manufactures food ingredients and has prestigious B2B clients across India.
- We have previously been pioneers in the food ingredient space with multiple food brands that had reputed B2C and B2B clientele.
- Presently our company manufacturers food ingredients such as preserved, dried and frozen vegetables, herbs and spices.
- We sell our products pan India and have reputed B2B clients like Nestle, ITC and Everest Masala.
- Have 2 manufacturing facilities which can each produce 7 metric tonnes daily. We currently operate at full capacity.
- Promoter has 15 years of experience in the food processing industry.
Manufacturer of frozen foods with globally unique proprietary IP, asset-light, portable, highly scalable business model.
- One of the largest FSSAI approved producer of high quality, heat & eat foods and intermediates globally.
- Company has been operational for over a decade and has a factory in Uttarakhand but the business is headquartered in Delhi.
- Have developed more than 100 SKUs under our brand name so far.
- Product-market fit established for domestic B2B and B2C opportunity, with marquee institutional clients and operational cloud kitchens.
- Under the B2C model we had a cloud kitchen before the pandemic and we will reopen the facility in a few months.
- Under the B2B model we supply our food products to hotels and restaurants.
- Franchise B2C model is in the process for future expansion.
- Current daily production is at 2 tons of frozen food but the actual capacity is even more.
- Company is at loss due to more OPEX and it will start to generate profit soon.
Ice cream manufacturer that produces home-made style sip-ups and kulfis under own brand name.
- Company manufactures home-made style sip-ups and kulfis. These products are one of the most favourite summer treats.
- Our products are like frozen juice / smoothie packed in the form of a pop ice. The difference in our product is that it's produced in home-made style ensuring good quality and health.
- We sell our products to 5 distributors and 100+ retail outlets in Kerala.
- Have tie-ups with 5-6 suppliers to procure raw materials such as milk, milk powder, sugar and packaging materials.
- Company is registered in Ernakulam but our factory setup & operations are conducted from Kasaragod. We currently operate at 100% capacity.
- We started our company in 2018 as a proprietorship and registered it as a private limited entity in 2020.
- Director of the company has more than 5 years of experience in this industry.
Manufacturer of superfood products from marginalized and inexpensive raw materials, including date seed coffee.
- ISO, HASSP certified food processing firm that processes, packages, and sells date seed, coffee, and flour.
- Also have our own line of healthy snack products which include various packaged healthy snack SKUs, energy snack bars, and cold brews.
- Production capacity of 5 MT of food and snack products each month.
- Cater to 150 local clients and 4 international clients.
- Our distribution is largely through direct partnerships with our clients most of who are exporters, food processors, and supermarket chains.
- Our international clients are spread across the USA and the Middle East.
- Products also have FDA approval and are sold by the Wholefoods supermarket chain in the USA.
- Promoter has over 30 years of experience in the food processing industry.
Food ingredient and snack manufacturer with a distribution network across Kerala.
- We are manufacturers of food products and ingredients that seek to expand.
- Our products include pickles, chips, rice powders, spices and various other food.
- Products are sold under our brand name throughout Kerala.
- We have tied up with 1 distributor company that ensures the product is sold to retail stores across Kerala.
- Plan to expand our market and start sale in the Middle East as well.
- Have purchased land of 1.25 acres for a new production unit to meet this supply requirement and are starting construction on the unit.
- Promoters have 16 years of experience and 30 years of experience respectively in the industry.
Small scale herbal tea company in Colombo, in the process of exporting to Australia, India, Maldives.
- ISO accredited and FDA certified firm started 2 years ago and specializing in ayurvedic green tea.
- We have 34 different types of green teas.
- Business is headquartered in Colombo, Sri Lanka but the profile is listed by one of the promoters who is in Australia.
- We are in the process to export our teas to Australia, India, the Maldives for expansion.
- These have no artificial ingredients in our teas and they are completely vegan.
- All our teas are tested by a leading certification company and approved by design experts and dietitians.
- Beverages are also registered with the Sri Lanka Tea Board and the Department of Ayurveda.
- Some of the teas are manufactured in-house and some of the teas are produced by 3rd party.
- Have a distribution network in Sri Lanka who supply to supermarkets and retail stores.
- Website is temporarily under maintenance.
Organic products processing company with 70+ SKUs and NPOP, USDA, EU certifications seeks investment.
- Tamil Nadu based organic products processing plant which is well equipped and maintained to meet USDA NOP and EU regulations.
- Company presently caters to the domestic market via bulk consumers, Amazon orders, distributors and organic shops, marketing agencies.
- Products are packed, marketed and sold under its own registered brand name.
- Have more than 75 product SKUs and main products are 15-20.
- Oils and spices are used for edible and cosmetic applications.
- Company is well equipped and strategically positioned to take the business multifold catering to domestic and export markets.
- Business has been growing at more than 25% annually.
- Planning to introduce in house formulated and value-added products during the first quarter of this year for cosmetic and medicinal applications.
- Promoters are highly qualified and well experienced to manage the business professionally.
Business that manufactures edible oil and follows a subscription based revenue model.
- We currently manufacture 5 varieties of edible oil.
- The manufacturing process is outsourced, but we will be manufacturing in-house in the near future.
- We require funds to setup our manufacturing unit.
- Business follows a monthly subscription based model.
- Have 600 subscribed customers currently.
- We have acquired all the necessary FSSAI license from the government and have registered as an MSME.
- We directly sell to the customers and avoid middle-men.
Natural & organic nuts and dried fruits trading business plans to set-up a processing plant.
- Three friends from the same university started this food trade business 2 years ago.
- We sell nuts and dried fruits to wholesale buyers across Europe.
- We purchase products directly from the farmers. Will start growing our own agricultural products soon and will set-up a processing plant.
- Have gained a very good network for food trading.
- We would like to produce our own products to have an advantage and control everything.
- On a monthly basis we export 2-3 containers of agricultural products. Recently we exported 3 containers of apricots.
- Malatya Dried Apricots are very famous around the world but the available choice is either sulphured or natural sun dried but both products are not organic. We would like to grow 100% organic product.
Fully integrated dairy farm with 500+ cows and equipped with most modern processing plant.
- Dairy products processing company based in Chennai. We own 100 acres of farm land and have 500+ cows.
- Our facility is fully automated and it covers the entire process from milking cows to processing milks and packing.
- We are the first company in South India to launch milk in paper packs. We use a fully recyclable paper packs for packaging and we buy it from Parksons Packaging Ltd.
- Our business is a 100% backward integrated farm with most modern facility. We currently operate at 10% capacity.
- After packing the products, we dispatch it (using 6 vans) at our distribution center in Chennai and Bangalore and then deliver it to individual customers.
- Our customers book milk through our Android & iOS app and we deliver it to their doorstep. Have a total of 10,000+ app downloads of which 1,000 customers order every day.
- Have 9 bikes at Chennai office and 3 bikes at Bangalore office for delivery.
- We also sell our products through Ninjacart, BigBasket and FreshToHome.
- As an expansion plan, we have recently established tie-ups with 20+ retail shops in Bangalore and Chennai for B2B sales however, it currently contributes 5% to our total sales.
- Director of the company has 10 years of experience in this industry.
- The company also has a sister concern under it.
Internet platform with consultants/practitioners plus consumer products across categories that are safe and clean.
- Plans to launch clean safe to use, healthier CPG products across nutrition, cosmetics, skincare, F&B of global standards, not available in India (talking to institutional investors as well)
- Science-backed solutions for everyday products targeted to a specific concern/issue.
- Have leased an office in Chennai but are flexible in starting our operations based on the investor.
- Promoter is an Ivy League (Harvard and MIT) graduate with over 8 to 9 years of experience. They have run a VC fund in the US and incubated companies in India.
- Looking at investors globally.
- We would look to start the business within 2-3 months of acquisition funds.
- Technology is an important aspect. Its a platform in the holistic fitness space.
- Building a business that would have a potential value of $500M-$1B.
How many food processing business investment opportunities are listed on SMERGERS?
There are 334 active and verified food processing business investment opportunities listed on SMERGERS as of 20 April 2021.
What level of due diligence does SMERGERS conduct on the businesses/member?
SMERGERS scrutinizes all profiles and only features a select group of businesses, investors, advisors that meet a basic requirement. When required, certain members may have submitted some form of proof …read more
How active are the business profiles listed on SMERGERS?
We regularly filter out businesses which are inactive or have already closed a transaction. Typically, if the business is actively looking to sell/raise capital, the status is shown in …read more
How can I be sure about privacy and confidentiality?
Should you buy an existing business or start a business from scratch?
Buying an existing business is generally an easier way to start a business with an immediate head start. It saves valuable time and administrative efforts, considering starting from scratch is …read more
How successful has SMERGERS been in helping its users successfully close a deal?
SMERGERS is a discovery and matchmaking platform with global reach. It helps in connecting Businesses, Investors, Acquirers, Lenders, M&A Advisors and Boutique Investment Banks across locations, indsutries and transactions.