In order to apply for a small business loan, you will need to ensure that the following requirements are satisfied.
1. Documents - Please ensure that all the documents required for a business loan are intact, it could be in the form of trade and commercial licenses, articles of incorporation, balance sheet, Income tax returns, identity proofs etc.. Different banks will have different requirements, it is best to check with the local organization before you start the process.
2. Build your credit scores - You personal credit score and that of your business will be of utmost importance. It is very important to ensure that they are healthy. One could maintain a good credit score by making timely payments to any money that has been borrowed from different organizations.
3. Collateral - In most of the cases, a collateral is required to get loan from banks. If you are planning to use a collateral, please ensure that you have all the required documentation intact.
4. A good business plan - Having a clear idea of what you are going to do with the money will make it very easy for the lender to asses your case.
5. Management Team - Lenders will feel comfortable to lend when they understand who they are giving their money to. A good amount of information about the management team may help them make their decision.
It is worth exploring your options by talking to several banks, some of them may have a relaxed criteria for lending, at the same time some of them (with a collaboration from the local government) may have special offers to promote small businesses. To connect with several banks you can register your business details and loan requirements by clicking here.